[Peace-discuss] Flag flap

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 10 14:59:57 CST 2003

You insist that Dean and Clinton are racists.  What can that mean? Neither
holds conscious contempt for others, based on skin color.  You say their
racism is "unconscious."  Do you mean something like the Freudian sense in
which all men are parricides?  I would think that our real political
problems are things like the objectively racist polices of the Clinton
administration, and they are related to the class issues that Dean's
comment adumbrated.  --CGE