[Peace-discuss] VITW

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 21:03:45 CST 2003

Dear friends,

 We have been inspired by the incredible support around the country for Voices
in the Wilderness and others being prosecuted or threatened by the US Office
of
Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)  for travel to Iraq.

For a copy of Vitw's Counter Claim, please visit
http://vitw.us/archives/000374.html

To sign our petition,  or donate to '20,000 Voices', our pledge to raise
another
$20,000 for aid in Iraq instead of paying the fines imposed by the US
Treasury,
visit http://vitw.us/summons/archives/000359.html

Below is a list of events taking place around the country November 14, 2004  -
Contacts and adresses are listed.

We pledge to continue our travels to Iraq, our work against this war and
occupation, and we recognize  how it could not be done without all of you.

Peace

Danny muller

for voices in the wilderness
www.nonviolence.org/vitw             773 784 8065
-------------------------------------

"We Will Not Go Quietly"

The U.S. Treasury and Justice Departments insist on pursuing charges against
several individuals and groups that have traveled to Iraq.  We fully
acknowledge that we have also traveled to Iraq and are standing in solidarity
with
those charged.  We affirm the First Amendment rights of U.S. citizens to
speak
freely, to have oversight of governmental policy, and to bring humanitarian
assistance to its victims and tell the stories of their lives under sanctions,
war
time, and occupation.  The ban on traveling was to prevent commercial profit
to either the Iraqi government or businesses wanting to trade with Iraq.  The
purpose of our travel was not to engage in any commercial ventures, but
rather
to help alleviate the suffering of our fellow human beings and to communicate
the results of U.S. policy in Iraq to our fellow citizens.

· We will not yield to the government's intimidation tactics that are
designed to silence us.
· We intend to fully exercise our First Amendment Rights, and all of our
treasured rights as United States citizens.
· We will not cease relaying the stories of our travels to anyone who will
listen.
· We will continue to pursue paths of peace, understanding, friendship and
compassion with the citizens of the world rather than paths of violence,
death,

war and destruction.
· We ask all U.S. government agencies to vacate, in their entirety, any fines
and penalties levied against groups or individuals who have traveled to Iraq
for non-commercial, humanitarian purposes.
· We will not go quietly
Binghamton, NY:
1:00pm
Federal Building
15 Henry St. in Binghamton
Contact:
Anne Herman
(607) 773-0246
phoebecrone at rocketmail.com

Chicago, IL:
12:00 PM
CPT Headquarters
2751 W. 16th St.
Contact:
Quinn Brisben
(773) 785-0460
brisben at theramp.net

Ithaca, NY:
SATURDAY!!! November 15th
3pm
Autumn Leaves on the commons
Contact:
Anne Herman
(607) 773-0246
phoebecrone at rocketmail.com

Los Angeles, CA:
TIME AND LOCATION CHANGED!!
5:00 PM
Vista Theater
4473 Sunset Dr.
at the intersection of Hillhurst, Hollywood, & Sunset
Los Feliz
Press Contact:
Karen Pomer
(310) 463-7025
KRPomer at aol.com
Other Contact:
Barbara Johns
BJohns99 at aol.com
818-240-5707

Minneapolis, MN:
11:00 AM
Mayday Bookstore, 301 Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis, MN 55454
Press Contact:
Marie Braun, Twin Cities Peace Campaign - Focus on Iraq
(612) 522-1861
braun044 at tc.umn.edu

Montgomery, AL:
12:00 Noon
State Capitol Building (front steps)
Dexter at Bainbridge Street
Montgomery AL, 36104
Contact:
Jon Broadway
(334) 430-0262
jbroadway at ice.aum.edu

New York City:
1:00 PM
Judson Memorial Church
55 Washington Square South
New York, NY
(side entrance to Judson's Garden Room, off Thompson St.)
Press Contact:
Tom Reiber-Martinez
(718) 941-2640
PastorTomReiber at aol.com

San Francisco, CA:
11:00 AM
450 Golden Gate, Larkin-Golden Gate corner of Federal Building
Press Contact:
Elizabeth Boardman
415-882-7301
cell 415 305-4847