[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

bill laborer at bement.net
Thu Sep 11 21:59:46 CDT 2003

Is Doug Rokke a WEFT Associate?  If not, please remosve him from this list
that is already too with communication between actual Associates.  Also, I
would ask the members of this list to stop replying to his messages and
sending me messages about how this guy is so cool because he works against
the use of depleted uranium weapons.  DU is only the top of the iceberg,
which is being publicized by many people who, unlike Rokke, sre real
anti-militarists.

DU weapons are definitely a scandal.  So is the rest of the military.  Why
criticize a small aspect of the militiary and then turn around and talk
about how otherwise our armed forces are great?  Is DU worse than cluster
bombs or land mines.  Is DU worse than doing everything the military can do
to brainwash millions of impressionable young recruits into robotic killing
machines (even if that affect is not the result, it is the goal!)?  Is it
not possible that the brainwashing succeeds in many soldiers with bad
results for their families?

I, for one, am not interested in receiving messages full of military
apologia.

Bill Gorrell