[Peace-discuss] Re: [Wefta] military recruitment on WEFT (!)

Dlind49 at aol.com Dlind49 at aol.com
Fri Sep 5 07:04:01 CDT 2003

Robert: The abuse you encountered is not part of the military but part of
serious family problem by a person who should never have been in the military
and should be prosecuted. Report it now!  Yes, the military is all about killing
and destroying and individuals are taught that and conditioned to do that
without remorse. Sometimes that is necessary despite what you may think.
Although, you may see the military only as apart of the industrial complex, and it
is, it has more than that purpose. Your entire concept that the police and
military is only a tool for the for the rich and powerful shows your own bias and
lack of experience and knowledge. Police ar outt here protecting and serving
the public-most of their jtime on the ob is dealing with family problms and
criminal actions caused by individuals who make a choice. Represuion does exist
but it is not pervasive and the purpose of thse groups. And where does the idea
come from that textbooks are sponsored by corporations? That is just not worth
discussing.  And if you do not like a textbook why not write a new textbook?
The labeling of an enemy to optimize fighting is flat wrong but it does
enable easier military actions and racism may or may not be part of the equation.
Although racism is flat wrong and does exist, everything is not due to racism.
So get a life. As to atrocities during war or combat- yes they exist and have
many reasons and causes. Yes they are flat wrong but part of life and the
military that we must change.  Now, how about helping make a real difference? If
you do not like something help change it, do not just attack it.  Join me in
helping me and my team members prepare and conduct lectures, radio interviews,
television documentaries,  newspaper and magazine stories, congrssional
briefings, and help us / me write research papers to change and improve the quality
and functioning of the military and police personel and systems. You may not
like either and wish they were gone but they are here to stay because the are
both necessary, reality not wishful utopia, and thus you can either help change
them and improve them or just ignore them and continue to complain about them
without effective action.  This entire discussion that started after a  PSA
on U.S. Marine Corps recruiting that was broadcast on WEFT has been
frustrating. I asked for help to write a short anti military recruiting annoucement that
we could have broadcast and/or propose a radio show to discuss the realities,
immediate and long problems and reasons why individuals should not join the
military today. But just like I have found over the past few years very few want
to help do the work that can make a difference but toooo many just complain
and argue and talk about it.  So once more- who wants to help me?  Do you want
to make a real difference?  If so please help me.

doug