[Peace-discuss] AWARE on candidates

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 14:23:22 CDT 2003

Except that the invasion and occupation are very
closely related - in that the occupation was the point
of the war and the occupation is continuing the war at
what we used to call "low-intensity".

I do think we should be as accurate as possible
always, but Peter's analysis is a matter of
interpretation, not factually incorrect.  Some of us -
myself included - do believe that Dean's position is
essentially as Peter describes.  There is room for
honest disagreement, of course, and by all means let's
have it.

But it isn't at all the same as linking al-Qaeda and
Saddam Hussein, where there was in fact no link.  And
I do think the whole point of producing a pamphlet
that reviews the candidates' positions is to analyze
them based on an anti-war anti-racist agenda.  As long
as the quotes and citations are accurate, people are
always free to make up their own minds about our
interpretation.

Ricky