[Peace-discuss] democrats 04 literature version 2

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 14 08:46:21 CDT 2003

Just a quick comment on Dean and Palestine/Israel. Many of you
probably read or heard his recent statement in the big debate that
the US should be "even-handed."  He was heavily criticized by
Lieberman and others for this.  He then issued a clarification that
what he meant was that the US should be even-handed in the peace
negotiations.  So my respect went up for him temporarily and then
down again.  Perhaps this should be updated.

Peter, many thanks for your work.

--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328