[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Media Matters Weekly Update

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Apr 9 14:16:28 CDT 2004

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters email  update!

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is Amy Goodman.Amy Goodman  is an internationally acclaimed journalist and
host of Pacifica Network’s Democracy Now!,
<http://www.democracynow.org/> which is now aired
on over 200 radio and TV stations across the United States  and around the world.  Amy won multiple awards for breaking  the story on the 1991 massacre of peaceful demonstrators in  occupied East Timor, and for her work on the radio
documentary, "Drilling & Killing: Chevron and Nigeria's Oil  Dictatorship." Most recently, Amy co-authored with her  brother, David Goodman, the book, "The Exception to the  Rulers: Exposing Oily Politicians, War Profiteers, and the  Media that Love them."

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature John Nichols and
Janeane Garofalo.

If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on the  show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was Susan Douglas. Susan  Douglas is a Professor of Communication Studies at the  University of Michigan and co-author of "The Mommy Myth: The  Idealization of Motherhood and How it has Undermined Women."

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

text "unsubscribe mediamatters" in the body of the email.

vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be useful  and informative, and we hope you'll encourage everyone you  know with an interest in the media to listen to the show and  subscribe to the list. If you have any questions or
suggestions on how to improve what we do with this list,  please email producer Victor Pickard at vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard