[Peace-discuss] for children who are wanted

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 26 14:02:13 CDT 2004

Lisa cited arguments that the increase in abortion after Roe v. Wade (how
large was the increase?) contributed to a later reduction in crime by
reducing the number of unwanted people.  Reducing that number has been
(and is) a staple of US social policy, instead of appropriate social
reforms.  Even the court that wrote Roe v. Wade -- not exactly a group of
liberals -- was influenced by revolutionary stirrings among the black and
poor in America 30 years ago and noticed that an increase in abortion
would alleviate the "welfare problem."  --CGE