[Peace-discuss] Volunteers rule

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 10:38:31 CDT 2004

But we don't pay the folks who make AWARE keep going:
the protesters, the sign-makers, the letter-writers,
the speakers, the bands that perform at our
fundraisers, the organizers of those events, and all
the people who have done such a bang-up job of keeping
this local anti-war movement alive and kicking.
That's something to be proud of.

Sure, we pay for some things: food, gas, etc.  And we
may wind up paying for a lawyer.  Sometimes it's
necessary to pay.  I do seem to recall, Carl, that you
fired your campaign manager when you ran for Congress.
 On the other hand, I seem to recall a very good
campaign to gather signatures and get you on the
ballot, based almost entirely if not entirely on
volunteer labor.  Maybe your "get what you pay for"
principle, like so much "common sense", doesn't really
generalize?

Why don't we just wait and see what we find.

Ricky

--- "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu>