[Peace-discuss] Re:[Peace] Change is afoot at WILL-AM... (jen cart)

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 12 11:28:22 CDT 2004

Ricky,

WILL airs regular legal commentaries by Amy Gajda and engineering
commentaries by Bill Hammock. Our agricultural department, broadcast on AM,
also carries commentaries by the Farm Bureau and sometimes listeners
(Sehvilla Mann had a commentary on once).  Ag's commentary policy was
developed by the ag staff.

WILL-AM did not have a listener commentary policy until the one that was
created in April.
WILL-TV has no commentary policy.

This patchwork of policies will likely get addressed when the station
re-examines our overall mission and responsibilities as public service
broadcasters in light of recent conversations initiated internally and
externally.

I hope this information is helpful. I will be happy to try and answer any
additional questions.

Kimberlie