[Peace-discuss] Get your ANTI-"CHIEF" bumper sticker today!!!

Brooke Anderson brooke at shout.net
Wed Aug 25 14:57:06 CDT 2004

Dear friends,

Have you seen the pro-"Chief" bumper stickers on vehicles around town?

(For those of you who haven't seen them, they say, "The Chief:
YESTERDAY, TODAY, FOREVER" -- a direct and disturbing reference to
racist Governor George Wallace's famous quote, "Segregation
yesterday, today, and forever").

Do you wish you had an anti-"Chief" bumper sticker to let people know
that not everyone in this community supports racism, supports the
"Chief"?? Well, now you can. That's right ...

**  THE PRC NOW HAS ANTI-"CHIEF" BUMPER STICKERS FOR SALE!!!  **

I am writing to ask you to please consider purchasing an anti-"Chief"
bumper sticker to put on your car. Now, I know that bumper stickers
alone won't get rid of the "Chief," but it's something small we can
all do to raise awareness in the community about the growing
opposition to the "Chief." Wouldn't it just be fantastic if when
people went out to run errands, they would see anti-"Chief" bumper
stickers on the cars ahead of them and have to think about the issue
while stopped at the light and wonder why so many people oppose the
"Chief"?

And I know that some of you are not "bumper sticker people" but maybe
you can make an exception for this -- consider it a personal favor to
me, perhaps? :) Or some of you may be afraid that harm will come to
your car as a result of proclaiming your opposition to racism in this
rather racist town. And, well, I can understand the concern, but ask
you to take a chance for the sake of making a change here :) After
the chance (arrest, fines, etc.) we took with the 32-hr sit-in at
Swanlund last Spring, the bumper stickers don't feel like such a big
deal.

Don't have a car? Buy one anyway! Put it up somewhere or give it to a friend!

Please, join us! Get your bumper sticker today! I've attached a PDF
of the bumper sticker design so you can see what they looks like.
Bumper stickers are $1/each. I'll be carrying them with me, so ask
for one when you see me. I'd also be willing to arrange to meet you
somewhere. Or you can stop by the Illinois Disciples Foundation in
the afternoons to buy one.

Call me at (217) 493-2637 or email me at brooke at shout.net to get your
bumper sticker!

Thanks for your support of the movement to eliminate "Chief Illiniwek."

Sincerely,
Brooke Anderson
--
Brooke Anderson