[Peace-discuss] Re: Lincoln Square update

Durl Kruse jandurl at insightbb.com
Fri Dec 3 17:40:35 CST 2004

Unfortunately we are no further along than we were three weeks ago when
Tony Stephens told me we could set up a table, but on a very qualified
and limited basis.  Of course he wanted to review our material for
approval before we put it out at that time, and now it seems even more
restrictive.  That is totally unacceptable to AWARE and being told we
can sell only postcards is in my opinion demeaning to our group.  We
have really regressed over the past several weeks.
I am not going to be able to attend this Sunday's AWARE meeting, but I
would like to suggest that we take up Tony's offer and a group from
AWARE personally meet with him during his office hours to hear in
person his reasons for this position and for him to hear our concerns.
We need direct dialogue with them.  I appreciate Danielle's efforts on
this issue, but no one from AWARE has yet been able to talk to anyone
at the mall about our concerns and desires.  I really wonder what Tony
imagines our group to be that makes him so paranoid.  I think after
such a meeting we would be better able to decide how to respond.
Let me know what is decided at AWARE.  I would be happy to go with a
small AWARE group to talk to Tony.
Durl