[Peace-discuss] Re:[Peace] Lincoln Square update

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Dec 5 07:24:14 CST 2004

Excellent work, Danielle!  Thank you so much.   Jenifer C.
I had a meeting with Tony Stephens, manager of Lincoln Square Mall late Wednesday. We were cordial, but negotiated for some two hours.

In the end, we made some modest progress and I think set the groundwork  for future dialogue.  This is what came out of it:

1) AWARE, if it so chooses, can sell its postcards for peace at the market in the square. The postcards qualify as market items since they were designed locally.  He does not need to see or approve the postcards before they are sold.

I offered to shepard this through.  If someone wants to work with me so that AWARE can finish selling its postcards, let me know since I have an application form.  Since the Peace Bazaar is this weekend, I assume you would want to have a table Dec 11 and 18th.  If there enough left over postcards, I think this could help raise more funds for AWARE.  Please contact me directly to make this happen: 344-0183 chyn at ojctech.com.

2) Lincoln Square suggested a "Community Info Day" much like Quad Day, where groups of any and all political persuasions can set up tables to inform visitors to Lincoln Square about their groups, their activites, meeting time and places, etc.  City legal is gathering info to ensure Lincoln Square that there is no legal liability in doing so. I can work with LS on regular dates - once a year or once a semester, for this.  I think this is an opportunity we should pursue.  Quad Day is certainly a  valuable resource.

3) It will be stated in the development agreement that the parking lot will remain public space even though it is leased by Lincoln Square.

4) Tony is open to meeting with concerned folks at Lincoln Square during  business hours: 367-4092.

sounding off,

Danielle

Peace at lists.chambana.net