[Peace-discuss] Black Women's Achievement Dinner

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 2 23:09:05 CST 2004

AWARE folks,

We have a letter from the YWCA about their 18th Annual Black Women's
Achievement Dinner, Friday, Feb. 20th at the Hawthorne Suites.  It
starts with a cultural marketplace at 5:30 PM with dinner and program
at 6 PM.  It celebrates 6 local women.  The guest speaker is Dr.
Ollie Watts-Davis and the music is by Chambana.  There are also
awards for Trailblazers, Unsung Achievers and Yound Achievers.

Tickets are $35 adults, $17.50 children, and $325 for table of ten.

Ads in the booklet are $25 business card size, $35 for 1/4 page, $55
for 1/2 page, $100 for full page, and $500 for major contributor
(with photos).

Deadline for ads is Feb. 9th, the day after our next meeting.  If we
want to do something, it would be good to discuss it by e-mail now
and perhaps finalize on Sunday.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328