[Peace-discuss] A Question about the Puppet

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Thu Feb 26 10:37:39 CST 2004

The answer to me seems rather obvious. It is a bet on the part of the
administration that most Americans are unsympathetic to, and/or even
revolted by, the idea of such marriages. The goal is to win the
election, and the powers that be sympathetic to Bush will use whatever
tool is available to maintain their tool in power. This is called a
"wedge" issue.

As to whether this issue resonates as they hope it will in the voting
populace I have no idea, but I fear it could, depending on how the Dems
respond.

MKB