[Peace-discuss] Unwanted right wing mail

Linda Evans veganlinda at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 17:06:16 CST 2004

Has anyone else received some unmarked (no return
address) mail in a brown envelope with your address
handwritten and four pages of how great things are in
Iraq due to Pres. Bush?

Some of the quotes from this mail:

How come we don't hear more about this from our
media????

...Over 60,000 Iraqis now provide security to their
fellow citizens.
...Teachers earn from 12 to 25 times their former
salaries.
...Satellite TV dishes are legal.
...The Coalition has helped administer over 22 million
vaccination doses to Iraq's children.
...Foreign journalist (and everyone else) are free to
come and go.
...Saddam is gone.
...Iraq is free.
...President Bush has not faltered or failed.
...Yes, little or none of this information has been
published by the Press corps that prides itself on
brings you all the news that's important.

End of quotes
(I kept in the exact text used and didn't try to make
grammatical sense of the last one.)
This goes on for 4 pages, although at the top of the
page it says page 4 of 5 so apparently the forgot to
staple the fifth page.  The date at the bottom of the
paper says 10/2/02, although I just received it today.
 It was addressed to me at my home address.  Not that
my home address is some secret, but we are listed in
the phone book only under my husband's name which is
not the same.

Anyone else getting this stuff?

Linda

=====