[Peace-discuss] Dean on Nader

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 09:56:31 CDT 2004

Nader defends GOP support

By Steve Miller

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Ralph Nader yesterday defended the support he has received from Republicans in his presidential bid, saying that "Republicans are people, too." …….

"What's gone is gone and what's done is done," Mr. Dean said to Mr. Nader. "I don't begrudge Ralph Nader for running in 2000," but he called Mr. Nader's candidacy "disingenuous" because of its support from the right.

"You have 46 percent of all your signatures to get you on the Arizona ballot turned out to be Republican supporters," Mr. Dean noted. "One out of every $10,000 check has been from people who have already given money to Bush/Cheney - this is not going to help the progressive cause in America."

"The mass media is little more than a public relations industry for the rich and powerful. The media's job is to 'train the minds of the people' to believe in the virtue of the powerful goons who rule them." Noam Chomsky--“arguably the most important intellectual alive” N.Y.Times ..... My Web Site ..... ClickMeToo