[Peace-discuss] Dean on Nader

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 13:04:09 CDT 2004

So what?  Where does Kerry get his money?  Plenty of
conservatives, plenty of pro-war liberals, plenty of
union-busters, etc., etc.  And where's Bush get his?

If the Democrats put more time and energy into
offering a real alternative to the GOP, instead of
bashing the few who are saying what the Dems OUGHT to
be saying, maybe they'd have some mass appeal.

Right now, the best Kerry-Edwards have got going for
them is that they aren't GW Bush - a pretty low
standard if ever there was one.  What they ought to be
worried about is low voter turnout.

They need to envigorate the electorate with something
real, register the poor, mobilize the folks for whom
neither Bush nor Kerry (at present) is even promising
much.  That's what Mondale's advisers told him - he
didn't do it - and the rest is history.

My 2c.

Ricky