[Peace-discuss] first pass at account of UPTV meeting today

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Tue Jul 13 11:52:04 CDT 2004

Sometimes, some local Democrats seem to have problems understanding what
a democracy is.  (Who's the spoiler here?)

500 signatures is nearly enough to get a non-binding initialive on the
ballot in Urbana (I believe 600 registered voter signatures are
required).  Of course it would need to be re-written and sigs collected
again.  County Clerk Mark Sheldon's office can probably provide
information for this.  Perhaps just starting the signature collecting
will embarrass them into putting it on the air.

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> "Randall Cotton" <recotton at earthlink.net> 7/12/2004 10:02:39 PM

Of course, I'm also interested in what others think should be done.