[Peace-discuss] Fwd:Robert Fisk in Iraq; Outfoxed

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Jul 17 08:13:23 CDT 2004

Hi Folks,
Yeah, a day late, sorry.  But read it all the way to the end of the headlines.  Chilling.......     Jenifer C.
**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: We are pleased to announce Democracy Now! can be se en on Link TV on DirecTV Channel 375 and Dish Network Channel 9410 weekdays
 at 11am EST.
Check out their website at: www.linktv.org

As always, you can watch Democracy Now! on Free Speech TV on Dish Network C hannel 9415 weekdays at 8am, noon, 7pm and midnight EST. Check out FSTV's website at: www.freespeech.org
= = = = = = = = =
TODAY'S SHOW: Friday, July 16

* Outfoxed: New Documentary Charges Fox News Tailored Coverage to Back Bush
 *

We take a look at a new documentary: "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Jou rnalism," that accuses the Fox News Channel of tailoring its coverage to ba ck President Bush. We play excerpts of the documentary and speak with its p roducer and director, Robert Greenwald as well as Larry Johnson a former CI A agent and former Fox News contributor.

Listen/Watch/Read

* Robert Fisk Discusses Anarchy, Martial Law, and Violence in the New Iraq  "Democracy" *

We go to Baghdad to speak with Robert Fisk, Chief Middle East correspondent
 for the London Independent, about the continuing violence, house raids and
 phone tapping and the unelected prime minister Iyad Allawi.

Listen/Watch/Read

*"The Greatest Poet of the 20th Century In Any Language" - Celebrating Chil ean Poet Pablo Neruda *

Chilean poet and Nobel laureate Pablo Neruda would have turned 100 years ol d this week. We speak with poet and professor Martin Espada who teaches cre ative writing, Latino poetry, and the work of Pablo Neruda. He recently ret urned from Chile where he was invited to participate in the celebration of  the Neruda centenary.

Listen/Watch/Read

* Headlines for July 16, 2004 *

- Hersh: Abu Ghraib Abuse Worse Than Reported
- Labor Board Rules Against Graduate Student Unions
- U.S. House Members Ask UN To Monitor Elections
- UN: Average Life Span Drops To 33 In Sierra Leone
- Presbyterian Church Votes To Divest From Israel
- LAPD Beating Victim Seeks $25M From City
- NYC Rejects Central Park Rally Permit During RNC

Listen/Watch/Read
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/16/1442217 = = = = = = = = =
COMING UP ON DEMOCRACY NOW!
Monday, July 19

* TBA

* CONVENTION SPECIAL NEXT WEEK: Only days before the opening of the 2004 ma jor political party convention season, Democracy Now! in collaboration with
 Pacifica Radio Archives will air 'A Passel of Pomp and a Circus of Circums tance: Historic Conventions Coverage', a radio/TV special on the vital and  sometimes turbulent history of American political conventions. The document ary spans from the formal speeches of Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1936 to the  radical sounds of Rage Against the Machine in the streets of Los Angeles, 2 000.

Check out Pacifica Archives at: http://www.pacificaradioarchives.org