[Peace-discuss] AWARE table

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Jul 26 14:18:28 CDT 2004

No argument  re Nader votes losing IL to Bush, Carl.   Many voters are concerned about the Nader effect in the non-safe states, afraid that Nader votes could throw the election to Bush (again?!?!)  I've heard that the Greens rejected Nader this time around (obviously) and, unlike Nader, are encouraging voters in non-safe states to vote Democratic, which seems in keeping w/ AWARE's position...

Jenifer C.
But Illinois will vote Democratic in the presidential election.  And many people are troubled about Kerry's not being an anti-war candidate.  As residents of a "safe" Democratic state, we're free to vote for a candidate opposed to the war on terrorism and pre-emptive war.  Illinois' electoral votes will end up in Kerry's column anyway.  I'm sure many in AWARE (like me) will vote for Nader or Cobb.  --CGE

Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com