[Peace-discuss] AWARE table

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Tue Jul 27 09:20:25 CDT 2004

"Vote Out Bush-Chaney" signs are opposing the Bush Doctrine by opposing the Bush-Chaney ticket.  By extension, it means "Vote In Kerry-Edwards," as there's no way a third party ticket can do this.

I'm personally VERY glad --tho' surprised -- that AWARE is supplying these signs, even tho' it's an unspoken endorsement of the Demo ticket.

Jenifer

Jenifer
Of course you're right, Jenifer -- AWARE takes lots of positions.  I think what Al meant was that as an organization it hadn't taken a position on endorsing a presidential candidate. Kerry, Nader and Cobb all have their supporters within AWARE, I suppose.  (That's what the debate before the meeting on Sept. 12 is to be about, apparently.) But AWARE has surely taken a position in opposition to the "Bush Doctrine" -- the question is, What methods are most effective in opposing it?  --CGE