[Peace-discuss] Kerry

Susan Davis sgdavis at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 30 14:37:43 CDT 2004

Having listened to the convention, it's clear to me the Democrats are going
to lose.

Their strategy of playing to the unconvinced middle-right is going to be a
failure. It already is a failure.

Everything I heard Kerry say at the convention convinced me he's a war
candidate.  I don't see how this country can solve its very severe problems
unless we end the war and restrain our military.  I don't see how we can do
that by voting for Kerry.  I wish I thought he'd begin an immediate
withdrawal plan, but its clear he won't.

Especially in Illinois, we should be spending our energies educating people
about what's wrong with the electoral system, rather than convincing people
to vote for someone who'll sell them out.

Susan