[Peace-discuss] Kerry

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Jul 31 03:50:20 CDT 2004

I understand the strategy, Chuck, and I understand that certain ideas must be emphasized and others not.  That's politics, like it or not.  The thing that worries me -- aside from how smarmy politics is -- is that this was the strategy the Demos used in 2002 and it didn't get them votes.  Of course that was Bush light, whereas now it's Bush heavy.

I agree, Al, that the Bush Admin will steal the election again if they possibly can.  They will do ANYTHING to remain in power.  Absolutely anything.  Lotsa good people working hard to prevent it, can only hope they can prevent it.

Jenifer C.

Kerry cannot win catering to us, a tiny minority very far to the left.

Kerry can only win if he gets the undecided voters. They do not want to hear that they have been supporting a mistaken war. Kerry knows that, you should know that.

The name of the game is winning. He is going the way he thinks he has the best chance to win, I agree; you may not.

If you have a hard time supporting Kerry, just think John Ashcroft. Dick Chaney. Paul Wolfowitz.

If any of you were in Kerry’s shoes, you would be doing the same thing. That is if you wanted to win.

Susan Davis <sgdavis at uiuc.edu> wrote:
Having listened to the convention, it's clear to me the Democrats are going  to lose.

Their strategy of playing to the unconvinced middle-right is going to be a  failure. It already is a failure.

Everything I heard Kerry say at the convention convinced me he's a war  candidate. I don't see how this country can solve its very severe problems  unless we end the war and restrain our military. I don't see how we can do  that by voting for Kerry. I wish I thought he'd begin an immediate  withdrawal plan, but its clear he won't.

Especially in Illinois, we should be spending our energies educating people  about what's wrong with the electoral system, rather than convincing people  to vote for someone who'll sell them out.

Susan

Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com