[Peace-discuss] proposal

Evan Past epastreich at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 16:51:38 CDT 2004

As I mentioned the other day, I think it is critical
to put together a two page (and perhaps also a 4-page)
flier that can be passed out. It should cover a wide
range of issues. Here is a possible form for your
consideration. I have not filled in the details for
many categories because I could use your help.
Thanks,\

Emanuel

PERHAPS LINKS CAN BE GIVEN AFTER EACH TOPIC FOR THE
INDIVIDUAL TO FOLLOW UP ON.

ECONOMY:

THE UNITED STATES ECONOMY IS IN SHAMBLES. ALTHOUGH THE
IMMENSE SHIFT OF WEALTH FROM THE MIDDLE CLASS TO THE
RICH AS RESULT OF TAX CUTS HAS HELPED THE STOCKMARKET,
AVERAGE PEOPLE HAVE MORE TROUBLE THAN EVER IN THE LAST
50 YEARS. MOREOVER,

FALSE MEDIA

JOBS:

Unemployment statistics are vastly inflated. Actual
unemployment if calculated by those who wish to work
but cannot find it is closer to 30%. Shipping jobs
abroad, which has been Republican/corporate policy,
has contributed to this state. Most so-called new jobs
are temporary and far less secure than previously.

HEALTHCARE:

THE RECENT HEALTHCARE LEGISTLATION IS SET UP TO
PENALIZE CITIZENS

VOTING RIGHTS

Voter fraud in the U.S. is rampant. The 2002 election
was largely determined by electronic voting and
purposely distorted vote counts run by companies
controling the votes that are themselves major
Republican donors. At present even more voters are
being stripped of their right to vote by machines that
are designed to be easily hacked, and which leave no
paper trail. Others are illegally deprived of the
right to vote through false charges of felony
convictions.

CIVIL LIBERTIES

The current administration is dedicated to taking away
all of your rights.

DRUGS

USE OF GOVERNMENT FUNDS & DEFICIT

9/11

IRAQ

FOREIGN POLICY

SOURCES OF INFORMATION:

INTERNET

The following sites are invaluable for getting
valuable information:

TVNEWSLIES

www.tvnewslies.org

Democrats.com
www.democrats.com

>From the Wilderness
www.fromthewilderness.com

Common Dreams

www.commondreams.org

Truthout

www.truthout.org

antiwar.com

http://fair.org (media concentration)

________________

TV/RADIO

Democracy Now

www.democracynow.org

Radio Free America (INN World Report)

http://innworldreport.net/index.php
_______________

BOOKS

Fanatics and Fools
by Arianna Huffington

Warrior-King
by John C. Bonifaz

Worse than Watergate
by John W. Dean

House of Bush/House of Saud by Craig Unger

Against All Enemies
by Richard A. Clark

Taking Back America
By Vanden Heuvel

Politics of Truth
Joseph Wilson
MAGAZINES

The Nation

American Prospect

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

you can call for more information, or join, the
following groups.

AWARE