[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Ch. 15 poll

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 14:25:20 CDT 2004

Respectfully, I'd say just the reverse.  This is
certainly not a scientific poll, but the suggestion is
that many people would vote Green if allowed to - a
big 'if' as it turns out, due to restrictive
procedures that many keep Nader, and/or any Green
presidential candidate, off the ballot this year in
many states, incl. Illinois.  What's frightening is
what this says about the state of democracy in the US.

(There are better examples -- like the universal
healthcare, which poll after poll says millions
support, but isn't even on the agenda.)

And, by the way, the Greens never pushed Bush into
office.  Gore did.  And it's likely that Kerry will,
too, if somebody doesn't light a fire under his tail
ASAP.  (Unlikely that the Democrats will, I think, as
they seem to reserve the best, or worst, of their
venom for Nader at the moment.)

Ricky