[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Ch. 15 poll

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sat Jun 5 06:05:41 CDT 2004

Again, I concede your point re IL voters, tho' sometimes hard to trust polls.  Speaking of hard to trust.....

Did anyone hear Gore Vidal on DN! yesterday?  Great, as usual.... He said the electronic voting machines were rigged, and that Bush would again be our unelected "president."  Amy asked him what we could do about this..... but he got side-tracked, and they were out of time before he could answer.... There was also a piece by Greg Palast in The Nation last month on voter fraud/pulling high %age of minority votes as "questionable" in many states.  Also heard --NPR? -- that there were demands (by ?) to check the new list(s) of purged "felons" in, e.g FL..... So, is anything really gonna be done about systematic voter fraud that makes all the discussion about Kerry, Nader, Greens, the Pope, etc moot?

Jenifer C.
Look, Illinois is a "safe" Democratic state for the presidential election.   The Tribune last Sunday said kerry has a 16-point lead.  It's so conceded that neither Bush nor Kerry will campaign much in this state.  To put it another way, if Kerry doesn't take Illinois, he hasn't a prayer. The point is, we can vote for whomever we want here...  --CGE

Peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com