[Peace-discuss] contacts at UPTV

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 6 21:08:22 CDT 2004

For those that attended today's meeting and heard me provide an update on
UPTV's lack of progress in getting Democracy Now! going, Here is the contact
info for UPTV personnel (I erroneously said in the meeting I had posted this
before, but now I see I hadn't - I'd just sent it to one person).

Most of the time, my primary contact has been:

Chris Foster
UPTV Coordinator
384-2452
clfoster at city.urbana.il.us

But after a string of long, unreasonable delays and broken promises, I've
concluded that he's really not a good contact for this right now. At the
minimum, it seems that he is either largely unwilling or, more likely (for
whatever reason) unable to speak authoritatively on this or keep any
promises he makes on this. The issue seems to be out of his hands at the
moment anyway (and on his boss' plate). So it seems to me that if you're
interested in calling yourself (some at the meeting suggested they were
interested), I'd suggest calling Chris' boss:

William (Bill) Dejarnette
Information Services Manager
384-2354
bhdejarnette at city.urbana.il.us

And here's a copy of Bill's "non-response" response to my extended nastygram
of last Wednesday: