[Peace-discuss] Re:Re: DN on UPTV

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Jun 6 21:55:10 CDT 2004

I caught Amy on Booknotes tonite.... She's so amazing. It would be wonderful if we could get the TV version of DN!

I think we should be able to find out if any other stations have to contract w/ Dish network and get their own dish installed @ the station -- which is the story I got from Bill -- rather than just getting the feed directly from Pacifica/DN! esp if you think UPTV is stonewalling.....

Glad y're pursuing this.

Jenifer C.

Jenifer
Hi Jen,

Sorry about the delayed response.

Yeah, that's the line I'm getting these days - a fuzzy assertion that there is some sort of legal issue that needs to be worked out. I don't buy it. I checked with FSTV and they said no other station (among the 100+ that are already doing this) has ever had any concern like this. I view it as unwarranted and suspect, especially given the established pattern of delays and broken promises. And even though Bill may in fact have every intention of going through with this, there may be other forces at work here that might trump Bill - who's to say? Bill certainly isn't being forthcoming - in fact he's being evasive.

The response I got to that last nastygram I sent him didn't answer any of my questions. He just ignored all my questions. It's a non-response and it smells fishy to me. Here's a copy...