[Peace-discuss] policing dissent, part ???

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 14 15:31:59 CDT 2004

And here's a follow-up, complete with a no-comment from the Boston cops.

	http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/this_just_in/
	documents/03902586.asp

The Boston cops are an interesting bunch, BTW -- a Republican union, at
odds with the city, and planning to cause difficulties for the Democrats'
convention next month. For openers, they're planning essentially to shut
down the inner city -- Boston proper, so to speak -- to the fury of
locals, which is the point of the operation...  The excellent flick
"Mystic River" represents at least statistically more of Boston than John
Kerry's Beacon Hill pied-a-terre. (The film even has a brief shot of a
house we used to live in.) --CGE