[Peace-discuss] 9/11 film actions

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 18:04:46 CDT 2004

I would suggest you get permission before putting any candidate literature on the table. After all, you would be using Mr. Boradman’s theater to oppose the incumbent, and he might be very uncomfortable with that. I would be, if I were him. Just my 2¢.

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu> wrote:Obviously there's a difference between "supporting" Gill in the sense of
endorsing him and simply having the sort of flyer you describe on an AWARE
table. I don't see how there could be any objection to the latter.
We've done as much for other candidates (e.g., Obama) who are less clearly
anti-war. --CGE

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Alfred Kagan wrote:

> We discussed this topic at the last meeting. There is no consensus
> about supporting Dr. Gill.
>
> At 2:25 PM -0500 6/16/04, Richard Frazin wrote:
> >Is there any problem with having David Gill campaign materials on
> >the AWARE table
> >in the Art Theater? Specifically, I wanted to have a flyer which
> >shows how Johnson
> >supported the Bush agenda at almost every turn and contrasts this to
> >David Gill's
> >vision. I think we should have an eye-catching display that is
> >hard to miss.

Most Americans do not even know that ours is the only country actually convicted of terrorism in a world court, for the atrocities of the U.S. sponsored Contras in Nicaragua.