[Peace-discuss] Population Control (was Save the Sierra Club from Hostile Takeover)

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Thu Mar 18 14:57:58 CST 2004

Here's an interesting take/solution on the problem of overpopulation by
Daniel Quinn along the contrapositive of "Built it and they will come".
It's prefaced by some pretty neat thoughts on how we think about
issues.

http://www.ishmael.com/Education/Writings/kentstate.shtml

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> Morton K.Brussel <brussel4 at insightbb.com> 3/18/2004 1:24:44 PM >>>
As a long time Sierra Club member, I have long believed that the Club
was putting its head in the sand on the question of population. They
finesse the issue in the USA by saying that it's an international
issue, so let's not muddy the waters by just talking about the U.S. But

if you are interested in the U.S. environment, you have to meet the
problem of population here as well as elsewhere, and come up with a
program. They have not, and that frustrates many who see the natural
environment become degraded by a growing population and sprawl. So,
petition candidates have been put forward to change these policies.