[Peace-discuss] A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush!

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 10:38:03 CDT 2004

Let me try to put this politely, so that I don't insult anyone's
intelligence.  Kerry has positions as strong as, or more reactionary than,
Bush on the issues of Israel, Iraq, and Latin America, the three biggest
hotspots (that we know of, of course).  Those are just is public positions
on three issues,  God only knows what his private views are, or how he feels
on other issues of foreign policy.  Kerry's views are simply not acceptable
any more than Bush's are.  And don't try to tell me that he is pandering for
right-wing votes.  He's already lost those.  Unless Bush implodes, Kerry
will lose this fall, and I say good riddance!  Maybe that will clear the
slate for a more progressive Democratic candidate four years from now.  No
matter who wins this fall, Bush or Kerry, the Empire will still be in the
business of trying to dominate world economies and committing genocide to
get rid of the undesirables who have insufficient purchasing power.  If I
voted for Kerry and he won, how could I live with myself knowing that I
helped elect someone who will undoubtedly be responsible for the slaughter
or "benign neglect" leading to the death of millions?  Only by consistently
showinig a preference for a third party, for a more progressive candidate,
for a better way, will things ever change through the democratic process.  I
seriously doubt that things will change through the democratic process,
though.  It's far more likely that the Empire will sink under its own bloat
and decadence after making an enemy of the entire world.  A Democratic Party
regime would only prolong the inevitable.

I wonder how much money the Bush campaign is paying the Kerry stooges to
pander to the Empire?

--Phil