[Peace-discuss] Lynn Sprout needs community support this week!

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon May 3 11:21:05 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "lori serb" <laserb at shout.net>
To: <peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 1:10 AM
Subject: [Peace-discuss] Lynn Sprout needs community support this week!

: I sent this out on Saturday, but received an "unprocessed" and
: "Ignored" response from the list:
: peace-discuss-bounces at lists.cu.groogroo.com
:
: What did I do wrong?

Yow. Tough to say, but I'm administering the lists, so could you forward
that response to me directly so I can try and troubleshoot that?

Thanks

:
: Lori
:
:
:   Dear Comrades,
:      For the first time in the history of Urbana, the Human Relations
:      Commission will hear a case of anti-lesbian discrimination in the
:      workplace.  It is important that we fill the hearing room to show
:      support for Lynn Sprout, fired lesbian pediatric nurse and former
:      employee of Carle Foundation Hospital, to ensure that a fair hearing
:      takes place and to give the Commissioners courage to act against the
:      hospital if th evidence shows discrimination.
:      The hearing before the Urbana Human Relations Commission for Lynn
:      Sprout is 5:30pm Tuesday, May 4 - Friday, May 7 in Urbana City
:      Council Chambers, 400 S. Vine St. in Urbana.
:      A rally in support of Lynn and to demand that Carle offer family
:      medical leave to its employess in same-sex relationships, is set for
:      12:15-1pm on Monday, May 3rd in front of Carle Hospital at the corner
:      of Coler/University Ave.  We have banners, flyers and signs.  All we
:      need is you!
:      Please join us!
:      Kimberlie  Kranich
:
:
:   Sprout case background:
:
:      Lynn Sprout, a 15-year employee at Carle, was fired after she came
:      out to her supervisor while caring for her dying same-sex partner of
:      18 years.  Lynn was denied family medical leave to care for her
:      partner.  Instead, she had to take vacation days to care for her
:      partner and when her partner died, Lynn's staff donated their
:      vacation days so Lynn could attend her partner's funeral. Carle fired
:      Lynn 160 days after her partner's death.
:
:      Kimberlie
:
: Peace-discuss mailing list