[Peace-discuss] 4th of July

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 11:51:07 CDT 2004

For my part, I like the idea of affirming what we stand for - "Imagine All that We Could Be" with folks holding signs or representing "Health Care for Everyone", "Complete College Funding for Every Qualified Student", "Compensation to Iraq for the Destruction of Their Country", "Health Care and Fair Benefits to Veterans", "Rights for Workers"...  We might use that famous quote from Eisenhower about "every bomb that is built, etc. etc. taking food from the hungry, etc." somewhere on the float.     We'd have to think of an interesting way to present it, but I'd like our presence to hold out the ideals we really should be working for in this country.

Another World is Possible ....