[Peace-discuss] register voters to oppose Bush?

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed May 26 12:18:25 CDT 2004

I was thinking of the following:

I was wondering if anyone else is
interested in an attempt to register
voters in Sept/Oct in C-U, in preparation for the November elections?

I think of three criteria that make me want to try this:
1. the obvious one, which is the need to prevent the neonconservatives
from continuing unabated in their program(in short get the Bush puppet and
his masters, out)

2. less obvious, just as interesting and important: to influence the
language around these elections. How to talk to people so that getting rid of
the Bushies helps us become more clear about direction to insist on with Kerry?

3. and also, just as interesting and important: to find and work with
people in town whom we don't right now know, but who might be ready to be
part of a group with a specific task(voter registration).

As we realize, the political pressure to get Bush out, must CONTINUE and
TRANSFORM into political pressure on Bush's successor.

About point #3: on Lincoln Avenue, going north approaching the highway,
there are two houses with yellow: REGIME CHANGE BEGINS AT HOME--GET
BUSH/CHENEY OUT. Who are these families? I want to get to know them.

Anyone else thinking about this?