Re: [Peace-discuss] AWARE's Third Fourth: Political Piñata

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Sat May 29 22:58:09 CDT 2004

Speaking of the 4th, I'd like to offer the services of my RV for the float, you can use both sides for banners (22' x 8' can hold quite a bit of info) as well as pulling the trailer.

I should also gently point out, as a concerned parent, that blindfolded kids swinging long sticks on a moving trailer is a dangerous idea, but an apt analogy to the way our government works these days.

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246
>>> "Phil Stinard" <pstinard at hotmail.com> 05/27/04 8:16 AM >>>
The other day, I heard some neo-Con on TV call the situation in Iraq a
"political piñata" for the left.  One idea for AWARE's float could be a
couple of blind-folded children using long sticks to strike a piñata of a
large hawk or a vulture, labeled "War" suspended from a pole.  I think that
this would be cute and playful, yet have a strong message.

--Phil