[Peace-discuss] Re: Pro choice works for me...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon May 31 19:02:21 CDT 2004

The logical maxim applies: "What is gratuitously asserted may be
gratuitously denied"...

What sort of society is it that says to people, "No, we won't provide an
education, a job, housing, medical care or a reliable income -- but we
will allow you to end your children's lives without penalty, so long as
you do it in a timely fashion"?

It's a society in which everything, including human life, is a commodity
-- you can have as much of it as you can afford.  It's a society in which
the Clintons and Bushes can end Iraqi lives with impunity, and say a
similar thing to soldiers, with (now) Iraqis substituted for children.