[Peace-discuss] Join the NAACP? (let's not miss this opportunity)

jencart at mailstation.com jencart at mailstation.com
Mon Nov 8 09:42:24 CST 2004

My NAACP from the 60s included Native Americans in "Colored People"  When I joined last year, I didn't even get a membership card, so I've no idea who all are included....hopefully more than just African Americans, tho' maybe we should check this.  Anyhow, if Native Americans and Latinos are included, I suggest "persons of color" and "whites" -- both are clear and  (hopefully) not offensive, esp since the CP in NAACP stands for Colored People.

My 2c worth.

Jenifer C.