[Peace-discuss] Meeting: Ivan Ruis

sparenti at uiuc.edu sparenti at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 8 10:02:19 CST 2004

Today,Monday, Nov. 8, at 6-7pm, we'll meet with Ivan Ruis, a
friend and Urbana resident who is being harrassed,possibly
targeted, by the Urbana Police. The meeting will take place
at the IMC,on Main Street in Urbana. Ivan will briefly
recount events of his harrassment, and we'll use the rest of
the hour to brainstorm ideas and responses.

The purpose of the meeting is for us to "put our heads
together" in the name of Ivan Ruis and his family, and to use
the power of a small group of organized people to address
harrassment and racism.

Come! You're very welcome!