[Peace-discuss] Re: [Imc] letter to my former comrades

Jason Pitzl-Waters jpitzl at wildhunt.org
Wed Nov 10 09:45:58 CST 2004

Robert Dunn wrote:
>you sophisticated Limousine Liberals will not utter, VALUES. They matter
>the most to us.

Which values are those? The values of violence and hate speech against
gays? The values of being "pro-life" yet being pro-war? The values of
torture? The values that create poisoned water? The values that make
wounded soldiers pay for their own trip home? The values that allowed the
right to demonize the military records of people who served in Vietnam? The
values of corporate sell-out to levels we have never seen before? The
values that place the possible life of stem cells over the real actual-life
poor children without health care?

If you haven't seen the left praying you haven't been looking. If you
haven't heard the left praying you haven't been listening.

As someone who spent quite a few years poor, and as someone who grew up
with "the poor" in a "red" state I ask you to stop speaking for us. You are
not our voice no more than Bush or Kerry or Cobb or Nader is. No matter how
hard my life got I never bought the rhetoric of the right and while I may
be skeptical of some element on the left at times they are a lot closer to
honestly reaching out to the downtrodden than the "right" is.

Religion, faith, values and morals don't belong to a party or ideological
affiliation. The quicker you understand that, the quicker you will know
real peace, and real faith.

You are obviously filled with anger and pain right now Robert. I'll pray
for you.

Jason Pitzl-Waters
a member of the religious left
http://www.wildhunt.org/blog.html