[Peace-discuss] Re: [UCprogressives] Re: Pro-choice [wasRe: letter to my former comrades]

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Tue Nov 16 17:04:06 CST 2004

Carl--

You obviously have no understanding of how it feels to be a woman and have
some like you trying to force their opinion on others. It's one thing to
voice your opinion while being respectful of others and allowing others to
have an opinion. It's another, like how you've been doing, to attack every
person who differs from you on this issue.

The continuation of this argument over abortion in the manner that it has
been raised and will continue to be raised TRULY alienates others who may
agree with AWARE's mission of anti-war and anti-racism effort. And it will
hinder individuals and organizations from working with AWARE in the future.
I know I personally am less inclined to be involved after reading all the
hostile attacks against those who support a women's right to choose.

All this energy could be put to doing good work in our community and NOT
into attacking those with differing views on birth control and abortion.
It's a shame to see this energy being wasted.

Sincerely,
Jen Tayabji
IDF Executive Director