[Peace-discuss] Slavery

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 16 18:08:14 CST 2004

Sorry if I have offended anyone. Although I've been
pro-choice for my entire life, the dialog has helped
me clarify my thinking on the matter, and I can now
make a stronger case for choice that I could before.

I remember the days when dead women showed up in
plastic bags by the side of the road after botched
illegal abortions. This is a place we never want to
go again. I think the intent of those who wish to
legislate against abortion is to return women to
what amounts to slavery.

Bob