[Peace-discuss] CIA cooks up violence around the world

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 10:37:10 CST 2004

Matt made a very funny and educational "alternative menu" for the CIA recruiting event last night.  It includes some surprising entrees like  "Bloody Chile", "Indonesian Coup Soup", "Guatemalan Genocide Stew" and the "Blowback Special" (selling for $9.11).  Check out the whole menu on the IMC website:
  http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/21913/index.php

We passed out over 200 of these flyers - both inside the event and outside as folks walked in.  Lots of reaction and lots of people reading them.  My favorite moment was when the event organizers called the campus police.  After a very friendly chat, the officer turned to walk away and then said, "Hey, can I get one of those flyers?"

cpi