[Peace-discuss] mckinley and the cia

rohloff at uiuc.edu rohloff at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 17 13:11:09 CST 2004

Although I'm not a big fan of 'progressive' groups fighting
with each other--and at the risk of starting
another 'theological' discussion--I can't help but remark:

I'm not terribly suprised to see CIA recruiting efforts on
our campus, and it doesn't bother me so much. However, I am
very suprised to see such an event hosted at McKinley, which
has always been very fond of tooting its own horn as the most
progressive liberal protestant church in town.

In the past, McKinley has been known to reject on the grounds
of ideological difference space-use requests from (relatively
moderate) evangelical campus groups looking for places to
hold Bible studies.

Does it than follow that McKinley is more ideologically
aligned with the CIA than with, say, Intervarsity Christian
Fellowship? If so, perhaps I should stop calling myself a
liberal Protestant ;-)

Peter