[Peace-discuss] What do we do now?

Morton K.Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 6 22:17:31 CDT 2004

I find articles like this frustrating. As if getting Bush out of office
is not important, irrespective of Kerry's positions and statements
(There is only one way.) If Mahajan believes that he is a fool.
Moreover, it is one thing to say what we all SHOULD be doing, as
outlined towards the end of his piece, but the main conundrum is HOW to
achieve what he recommends. He complains, but offers nothing on this
HOW question. Should we storm the White House, the local armory, stop
traffic, distribute pamphlets, write letters? What? People are acting,
contrary to his thesis. There is no collapse of the antiwar movement so
far as I can see, but some lack of focus because our challenge now is
how to change an ongoing situation, not how to protest a specific event
such as the start of an invasion.

MKB