[Peace-discuss] Does the election matter?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 11 16:32:50 CDT 2004

The whole world -- except for about 1/4th of the eligible voters in the
US, who may well succeed in returning the Bush administration to office.

I don't think Kerry's stances are weak, crass, or stupid.  They're well
thought out and vicious, and can be judged by the people around him (as
Bush's can be).  Kerry represents an American elite that wants to hold on
to its economic and military domination of the world -- as does Bush --
and it's uncomfortable to realize that one must wish for his election only
because the Bush people are worse, as they are. --CGE