[Peace-discuss] Democrats and WMD

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 17:05:03 CDT 2004

Accountability Now <accountability_now at yahoo.com> wrote:Democrats and WMD
by Joshua Frank; October 11, 2004
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=15&ItemID=6390

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, ourpurpose is clear. We want
to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction
program."
- President Bill Clinton, February 17, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, February 18, 1998

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, September 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
- Al Gore, September 23, 2002

In the four years since the inspectors left,intelligence reports show that
Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons
stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also
given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked,Saddam Hussein will continue
to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep
trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), October 10, 2002

“Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of the United
States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region and
remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international
obligations by, among other things, continuing to possess and develop a
significant chemical and biological weapons capability, actively seeking a
nuclear weapons capability, and supporting and harboring terrorist
organizations.”
-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) February 5, 2003

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous
threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is
miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent
grasp for weapons of mass destruction ...So the threat of Saddam Hussein with
weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA),January 23. 2003

More pearls of wisdom at:
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=15&ItemID=6390

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/L8eslB/TM
Yahoo! Groups Links

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Now tell me again, just how did Iraq threaten my freedom? Oh,I get it,the same way Granada,Panama,Haiti,Nicaragua,The Sudan,Afghanistan,Lybia,and our other targets did! Right.Right......."The first casualty of war is the truth." Sir Winston Churchill....."Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it."--Mark Twain......My Web Site ..... ClickMeToo