[Peace-discuss] Fwd:[Mediamatters] Weekly Update

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Oct 15 00:12:47 CDT 2004

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters  email update!

This Sunday on Media Matters we will host a special two-hour  show in honor of Pledge Drive Week. Tune in for book offers,  political commentary on the upcoming election, and the debut  of an exciting new feature, "Media Minutes." Please pass on  this email to your friends and family.

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is John Nichols,
Washington correspondent for The Nation. He is the author  of "Jews for Buchanan: Did You Hear the One About the Theft  of the American Presidency." With Robert McChesney, he co- authored "Our Media Not Theirs: the Democratic Struggle  Against Corporate Media." Most recently, he authored the new  book,"Dick: The Man Who is President."

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature Lance Bennett and  Tariq Ali.

If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on  the show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guest on Media Matters was Lawrence Lessig,  Professor of Law at Stanford Law School and author of  "Free  Culture: How Big Media Uses Technology and the Law to Lock  Down Culture and Control Creativity." For more info on
Lessig, visit this website: <http://www.lessig.org/>
Also of interest: http://creativecommons.org/
http://free-culture.org/
http://www.free-culture.cc/

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

--------------

vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be  useful and informative, and we hope you'll encourage
everyone you know with an interest in the media to listen to  the show and subscribe to the list. If you have any
questions or suggestions on how to improve what we do with  this list, please email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard