[Peace-discuss] Emergency contraception

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 15 14:01:04 CDT 2004

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>It's precisely the "continuity of the phenomenon in between" that leads
>reasonable people to conclude that that phenomenon is a person with
>rights. The Supreme Court once propounded a "human-made, practical
>distinction" that an African could not be a subject of rights.  I'm sure
>you would agree that they were wrong to do so.  --CGE

  Our phenomenon doesn't have a working brain until  24 weeks.
Subtracting a month for our (OK, my) reassurance makes it 20.
Basically, any "person with rightsism" before that is an abstraction
based on emotion.  That's about all there is to that continuity
business, no faith or human-made distinctions required.  Ain't
neuroscience grand?  ;)

  Peace out.  -cmb